We women spend hours browsing through store racks to find the dress that fits perfectly. We shop hop, we wait for the right size to hit the shelves again. And when all else fails, we log onto our faithful online stores.
But when it comes to perfectly fitted lingerie, we’re as clueless as the fitters at the stores.
The problem, I know to be true, is that more “fitting sessions” only complete half the job. Fitters at lingerie stores are usually all too happy to hand over a bunch of bras with varying sizes for you to try out. And this is after they measure your band and your chest. As you huff and puff through the process and finally discover the one that fits, they offer you more bras to choose from. And by this time, you’re more than ready to settle for a less than perfect bra. Yes, this is an account of my personal experience.
As I’ve been told by many of my friends, their friends and their friend’s relative’s friends, it’s hard to find a perfect bra, because as we all know, sizes vary by the brand. So once frustration point is reached, a woman might just stick to one brand without broadening her horizons to explore styles, shapes and designs. She may wear-out her current bras until the hook snaps. Or, she might just wear the wrong size.
To all women who are guilty of either of these experiences, I say it’s unacceptable that your fitting experience was nothing short of a revelation.
So here’s what a bra fitting must really look like:
- The fitting expert must explain how YOU must measure your size.
- It’s essential that she explains how a bra must be worn correctly.
- If she doesn’t highlight the check points of the right bra fit, demonstrating what to check for, consider it an incomplete fitting.
- Informing you on various styles that suit your chest type is crucial.
- Your fitter must explain to you, when trying a new bra, how you should figure to go up or down a cup or band size.
- Once you’ve found the perfect bra, she must explain how the bra should fit and make you feel.
- Finally, your fitter must also explain how to care for your bras. Any other dilemmas you’ve got regarding your bra need to be answered as well.
A bra fitting is meant to empower you to make informed choices each time you purchase a bra.
And that’s why, at Buttercups, I take time out to personally train each fitter over a month, to ensure she learns and implements all the above mentioned bra fitting techniques correctly.
Allow us to help find you the perfect bra at the Buttercups Fitting Room. (Indiranagar & Whitefield) And we promise you’ll feel on top of the world.