From deep backs to plunging necklines or tricky straps, Buttercups accessories have got you covered. All set for a night out in town with the girls? Ready to wear that slinky black dress that’s been hiding in your wardrobe all along, and then it dawns upon you – What type of bra do i wear underneath? Or does it even require a bra? Yes, we’re all plagued with these questions when we want to show off those lovely outfits that remain hidden simply because we don’t have innerwear answers to them. Not to worry darlings, we’ve got just what you need. (more…)
We’ve all got those stunning outfits that are designed to show off our lovely backs. From gorgeous blouses to sexy dresses, we have them waiting patiently in our wardrobes, hoping that someday they may see the light of day. Yes, we know exactly what you and your pretty clothes are thinking – what bra is to be worn underneath these outfits? Don’t you worry ladies, we’ve got just what you’re looking for. Try Lowdown – our bra extender that helps you carry off those lovely outfits with elan. (more…)
The heat is on… literally, and while the choices in clothing become minimalistic, here are a few lingerie trends that will keep you cool this summer, inside out.
- Colours: Because whites and pastels become our favourite clothing colours, it’s the best time to show off those lovely bright bras in shocking pinks, bright citrus (take a look at the Citrus from Buttercups), mint green, electric blue etc.under these light colours, making these bright bras look oh so delicate and perfectly subtle, for these hot summer days.
- Mesh and lace: These are the coolest to wear in the heat, being breathable and easy on the skin. Match your lacy nos, with subtle hints showing, to sizzle this summer. Try the Divine or Nora from Buttercups, for an all cool summer.
- Balconettes: When all those low and deep neck outfits are out (it is summer after all!), the balconette is your best bet under them. Low cut, to give you the comfort of going as low on the cleavage as you want, while still being hidden, the balconette adds the much needed cool this summer. Try Thea from Buttercups.
- Bandeau bras: Go strapless and off shoulder without worrying out straps or digging plastic ones. The bandeau is a MUST have for the summers to carry off those cool gypsy dresses and tops.
- High-cut Panties: Just like the swimwear, the panties are going high-cut this summer, to give you that extra cool feel. Try the seamless, high cut Slim from Buttercups, to stay and feel cool all summer.
Go ahead, enjoy this summer with these “cool” trends… Pun intended.
We all have those moments of weakness when we go for the top that looks” oh so pretty”, in spite of its imperfections. And imperfections they are – the gaping mouth like gap between the buttons or the awkward puffiness right above your chest, once you wear it. For those of you who aren’t aware of this little roll of magic, here’s introducing Sticky – The Buttercups magic tape that promises to solve your peekaboo woes. This little perfectionist was made to do away with those very imperfections. No more prying eyes and gaping mouths – Literally! (more…)
Wearing a gorgeous dress with a plunging neckline? We all know there couldn’t be anything worse than your bra showing and ruining the outfit as well as your evening. Ladies, since we understand the importance of underpinnings, we have just what you need. The perfect bra for the perfect outfit. Shop from our collection of bras and make sure there never is a situation where your outfit or evening is ruined 😉
Happy Shopping 🙂
Who doesn’t love a strong, suave super heroine who is deft with a weapon of choice and equally charming in a pair of stilettoes! But you know what I’m most intrigued about? Their choice of bras. That’s right, what would some of the hottest, most gorgeous and devil may care female fictional characters wear under all that leather and latex? I’m going to take a guess! (more…)
It’s the merry time of Christmas and the year end celebrations are under way. You are all set with your festive wardrobe, your favourite red lipstick and your trusty heels. But have you given a thought to your lingerie? After all, this is the time for lace and charm so why not extend it to your bras as well? Here are my tips on the right bras to wear with some of the most popular holiday fashion there is. (more…)
In week three of our ongoing Bra Stories series, we check out two very seductive bra styles, the Demi and the Plunge!
Have you got that one gorgeous, low necked blouse, that gives you an alluring look and is just perfect for date night or a sophisticated evening out? Pick up a demi bra to complete your flawless look! A Demi is a low cut bra that only partially covers your chest, with wide set straps to accommodate low and wide necklines, while giving your cleavage a great look. Demi actually means ‘half’ in French so it’s a pretty apt name for the cut and coverage of this bra. (more…)
In part two of our ongoing series, we take a closer look at Strapless and Adhesive bras. Yep, this one’s about bras without straps!
Sometimes, going bare shouldered, with a spring in your step and a toss of hair over your shoulder is a fabulous feeling. And when you go strapless, you need a supportive strapless bra! Be it sleeveless dresses, tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, sundresses or strapless evening gowns, all of them demand a well fitting strapless bra to look their best. Please don’t wear bras with straps under any of these styles, and especially not those transparent straps! (more…)